The Sex Edition

Houston sex stores: Shop ’til your panties drop

Sex shops can be the perfect place for exploring personal tastes and trying new things; however, it’s important to know what you’re looking for, as sex shops cater to a variety of preferences. For example, if you’re looking for novelty (anything from parody products to incense), you might not want to go to a more serious shop, which might focus on high-end toys. Based on five main categories, here are four sex shops around Houston that are great for both experienced shoppers and novices:

Katz

katz 1

Katz offers a plethora of options for the curious shopper. | Taelor Marquetti-Gadison/The Cougar

Katz is truly a top-notch sex shop that feels like an erotic supermarket. From sex toys and porn videos to lingerie, body oils and novelty merchandise, Katz has it all. Above all, Katz excels in costumes, offering corsets, bras, lingerie and even wigs. The store also posesses four huge display racks of porn videos. This vast amount of products paired with Katz’s bright atmosphere might intimidate those who are not familiar with a sex shop environment. However, if students are looking for an open, more advanced environment with loads of options, Katz is the place to go.

Toys: 4.5

Porn: 4.5

Body Oils & Lubricant: 4

Costumes: 5

Novelty: 3.5

Erotic Caberet

The first thing that will strike students about Erotic Caberet is its selection of costumes — it seems specifically geared toward women. In the shop, customers will find a wide selection of lingerie, seasonal costumes and shoes. However, if you’re looking for anything but costumes, Erotic Caberet brings limited, albeit high-quality, offerings. For example, the shop only has a couple cases dedicated to high-end toys. This shop caters to a niche audience, but if you’re looking for a sexy costume, Erotic Caberet is definitely worth the trip.

Toys: 4

Porn: 3

Body Oils & Lubricant: 3

Costumes: 5

Novelty: 3

Adam & Eve

The atmosphere at Adam & Eve is striking. The shop presents a warm, welcoming environment to customers looking to embrace their sex lives. The employees are friendly, knowledgeable about the products and eager to answer any questions, which will come in handy when you’re exploring the shop’s fantastic toy collection. While A&E excels in sex toys and lubricants, they drop the ball when it comes to costumes, porn videos and novelty. They offer a limited selection of lingerie, shoe products and porn. There’s also a serious lack of penis shot glasses for bachelorette parties. This shop is a great choice for anyone who is seeking out information or sexual advice.

Toys: 5

Porn: 3

Body Oils & Lubricants: 5

Costumes: 3.5

Novelty: 3.5

Cindie’s

Cindie’s has an open environment without giving off a sterile, doctor’s office vibe, bringing a combination of Katz’s variety and A&E’s welcoming feel. They excel in porn videos and novelty and possess a wide selection of both, including everything from hardcore porn and instructional videos to cock-pops and penis-shaped bundt cake pans. They do falter in their selection of sex toys and lubricants, however, as they only offer more classic options. Cindie’s is a great shop for the traditional, old-school shopper or anyone looking for fun party favors.

Toys: 3.5

Adult Films: 5

Body Oils & Lubricant: 3.5

Costumes: 4

Novelty: 5