Crime News

UHPD responds to alleged gang threats against sororities

[alert type=”yellow”]This is a developing story.[/alert]

UHPD is responding to rumors about alleged gang threats against UH sororities and their members.

“While there have been media reports and social media comments about an alleged threat, to this point, no credible evidence has been found that would link gang activity or a gang threat related to these rumors to UH students or sorority members,” said UHPD Police Chief Ceaser Moore in a news release.

As a precautionary measure, security on and around campus has been upped – especially around Greek life housing in Bayou Oaks –with 24-hour patrols.

Students should take the appropriate safety precautions, like staying indoors, traveling in groups and not wearing sorority letters or any sorority-related clothing.

UHPD is working in collaboration with the Houston Police Department and HPD’s anti-gang units on the investigation.

If you have any information about the rumors, contact UHPD at 713-743-3333 or email them at [email protected].

• No interviews, no insight, and even less info than the Khou news article, and posted far later than they did. Step it up Daily Cougar!

• It’s not like Greek housing is down the street from the Cougar office and they can just walk over and talk to real students about how they are feeling about this. Oh wait, it actually is.