Sports Track & Field

Houston wraps up AAC Championships with two individual titles

John Horton_feat - Track, hurdler

Houston track and field wrapped up the last day of the AAC Championships on Sunday, claiming two individual conference titles. | File photo/The Cougar

Houston track and field completed the last day of the AAC Championships on Sunday with two athletes earning individual conference titles in Storrs, Conn.

Junior hurdler Issac Williams placed first in the 110m hurdles, while senior David Brown won first in the triple jump.

Williams claimed his third individual conference title with his top finish in the hurdles, after winning this event in last year’s outdoor season and last fall’s indoor season.

As a whole, the Cougars earned all-conference honors in 10 individual events and the men’s 4x100m men’s relay.

Junior LeShon Collins finished third in both the 100m and 200m dash on the men’s side,  and senior hurdler Sade-Mariah Greenidge finished second in the 100m and 400m hurdles for the women’s side.

Sophomore Cameron Cornelius missed repeating in the shot put by .07 meters and placed second with a 17.95m throw.

In the distance competitions, senior Drevan Anderson-Kaapa placed second in the 800m, while stand-out sophomore Brian Barraza took second in the 5K.

In the overall standings, the Houston men’s team finished third, with 124.5 points for the event, while the women finished in seventh place, with 63 points.

With the conclusion of the event, the Cougars wrap-up another year highlighted by a few record-setting performances and conference titles in both the fall and spring semesters.