New deputy athletic director announced

Vice President of Intercollegiate Athletics Hunter Yurachek named Jeramiah Dickey as the Deputy Athletic Director on Friday.

With this, Dickey has now received four promotions since he began working in May of 2010.

Previously, Dickey served as the Senior Associate Athletics Director for External Relations at UH.

Dickey also served as the department’s sport administrator for the baseball program and secondary sport administrator for the football program, as well as the university mediator for University Advancement, UH Alumni Association and IMG, Houston’s multimedia partner for all athletics.

While working with the Cougar Pride, he helped to make new fundraising records in five straight years, including taking in a record $4.5 million during the 2013-2014 year, beating the previous record by about $1 million.

Dickey also served as a key member in two recent movements for the UH football program, including securing the naming rights deal from TDECU and served as a member of the committee tasked with finding new head football coach, Tom Herman.

Dickey previously spent time at the University of Texas – El Paso and the University of Akron, working in similar capacities as his positions at Houston.