Sports Track & Field

Nine Cougars on their way to NCAA Track & Field Championship

Williams_Issac

Issac Williams qualified for the NCAA Championships in both the indoor and outdoor seasons this year, as well as qualifying as part of the 4x100m Relay in the outdoor season. | Courtesy of the University of Houston Athletic Department

Nine Cougars are headed to Oregon for the NCAA Division I Track & Field Championships to be held June 10-13.

Three individuals and two relay teams are looking to capture a few titles for Houston at the event.

After posting a ninth-best time of 13.31 in the NCAA West Regional, senior Sade-Mariah Greenidge will compete in the 100m hurdles. This will be her third appearance in the outdoor NCAA Championships.

Senior Brittany Kinney will participate in the triple jump after qualifying with an eighth-place finish at the West Regional with 12.83m.

Junior Issac Williams will compete in the 110m hurdles for the men after running a time of 13.56 in the West Regional.

In addition to qualifying for the NCAA Outdoor Championships in the event, Williams also qualified for the Indoor Championships during the indoor season.

Both the men’s and women’s 4x100m relay teams will attend the finals in Eugene, Ore.

The men’s team will consist of Williams, junior LeShon Collins, junior James Arnett and sophomore Curtis Brown.

The women’s team will have Greenidge and Kinney, as well as senior Kiersten Brewer and sophomore Bria Carter.

Both the men’s and women’s squads posted great times, with the 14th and 22nd fastest times, respectively.

The action starts June 10, when both the Men’s 4x100m and Williams start the semis.

• Way to go Coach. Burrell and Coach Lewis. You are both great ambassadors for UH. Hank class 73/85