ExxonMobil member joins UH Energy

President of ExxonMobil Exploration Company Stephen Greenlee has been named chairman of the University of Houston’s Energy Advisory Board.

“Our goal is to provide the University with timely and relevant information to ensure that their research programs and curricula are targeted to the most important issues being addressed by business, government and communities,” Greenlee said in a news release.

The advisory board is comprised of many energy industry leaders who “provide strategic guidance, external coordination and industry support for UH Energy,” according to UH Energy.

Greenlee has expertise as a geoscientist and a served in a variety of positions at ExxonMobil including as president of their Upstream Research, a sector that focuses on applied research, development and improvement of technology.

The advisory board serves to enhance the research motives and energy education on campus and in the city of Houston. Their goals are focused on four key areas: upstream, mid-alternative, downstream alternative and environmental sustainability.

Greenlee is one of many members who is driven to help develop and implement plans in the sector of energy, research and technology.

“Members of the Energy Advisory Board play a crucial role in making sure that the energy-focused research and educational programs at UH remain relevant to industry and the nation’s future needs through their industry-specific guidance,” Ramanan Krishnamoorti, special assistant to the president for UH Energy, said.

Focused on providing the University with strategic tools and assets to fully prepare students going into the industry, students can become involved through educational programs, leadership roles and even hosting events such as the Energy Symposium Series.

Students are also able to tackle common issues plaguing our community alongside professionals in the energy sector.