Leen Basharat" />
side bar
Sunday, October 1, 2023


Fire alarm evacuates Student Center

Fire alarms blared at 10:30 a.m. at the Student Center announcing students and staff to evacuate the building immediately.

A student placed a plastic container with popcorn in a microwave unattended, Assistant Director of Facilities and Operations Matthew Sebby said. Eventually, the plastic melted and caused a “plastic fire.”

Immediately after, the fire alarm rang leaving students, faculty and workers outside for 14 minutes.

“It’s nothing fascinating, but it means the system works,” Sebby said.

[email protected]

Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to Top ↑
  • Sign up for our Email Edition

  • Polls

    What about UH will you miss the least this summer?

    View Results

    Loading ... Loading ...