Sports Volleyball

Cougars return home for two AAC competitions

Brookah Palmer WEB (2)

Freshman outside hitter Brookah Palmer has continued her strong play this season, as she leads the conference in numerous offensive categories. | File photo/The Cougar

After a long road trip, the Houston women’s volleyball team is set to return home to the Cougar Den for a couple of American Athletic Conference matchups.

The Cougars took three of four road matches over the past two weeks and now look forward to hosting the University of Memphis Tigers on Friday.

UH currently sits at 14-4 this season, while holding a 4-2 record in the AAC, but will be looking to improve that this weekend.

Led by freshman outside hitter Brookah Palmer on offense and senior libero Olivia O’Dell on defense, the Cougars are rolling to start their conference year.

Palmer leads the Cougars in many categories, but is most notably the top-ranked attacker in the entire AAC in kills, points and kills per set.

Similarly, O’Dell leads the conference in both total digs and digs per set, while also finding herself ranked fifth and second nationally in those categories respectively.

On Friday, the Cougars and the 11-8 Tigers will square off at 7 p.m., before Houston prepares for the 11-6 University of Cincinnati Bearcats on Sunday afternoon, with the game scheduled to start at 1 p.m.