Houston ballot results announced

Voters hit the polls Tuesday to decide who will be the next Houston mayor and if the Houston Equal Rights Ordinance will become law for the City of Houston.

Sylvester Turner gained 32 percent of votes, while Bill King gained 25 percent. In the occasion that a candidate does not receive 50 percent of the vote, the top two candidates are to filter into a runoff election in December.

A runoff election is another election where candidates continue to campaign leading up to December election where voters return to the polls to select their Houston mayoral candidate.

Although there will be extended campaigning, Turner and King continue to be positive.

In addition to the mayoral election, Houstonians voted 61 to 39 percent for HERO, the opposition prevailing.

According to the Texas Tribune, HERO would have made it illegal to discriminate against someone based on 15 different “protected characteristics,” including sex, race, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity.

Despite some Houstonian’s measures, the opposition of HERO declared it as a bathroom ordinance, saying the ordinance’s gender identity protection would allow sexual predators to enter women’s bathrooms.

https://twitter.com/CounterMoonbat/status/661910273830219776

• Not turner he is for the hero he get in office its going to be that hero stuff all over again and he is that going to rewrite it to protect womans bathrooms