Student robbed by three males in lot 9C

A student was robbed by three males in parking lot 9C on Sunday night. The suspects demanded his cell phone and other belongings and later got in a nearby vehicle, a reportedly silver or gray sedan-style car, and fled the area in an unknown direction on Cullen, according to an email sent out by UHPD Sunday night.

All of the suspects were 20 to 24-year-old black males, between 5 feet 10 inches to 5 feet 11 inches tall.

The first suspect is described as being “heavy set” with a light beard and no scars or tattoos visible. He was wearing a blue hoodie and unknown color pants.

The second suspect weighs roughly 150 to 160 pounds. He was wearing a gray hoodie with unknown color pants.

The third suspect is a 150 to 160 pound male with unknown facial hair or clothing description.

Although suspect No. 1 indicated he had a weapon, there were no weapons seen, according to the email sent to students.

UHPD is actively investigating leads in this case.

• You would think that people would be looking out for thugery at night around campus.

Obviously David … would not have walked away with dry and stain-free underwear.

• A more in depth discussion should be had about the security situation of 9C. Around half of the on-campus robberies last year were in that lot in spite of elevated guard posts and stadiumesque lighting.