Five things to look forward to this week

To start of your Monday morning off right, here’s some on campus events you can attend this week: a chance to get a last-minute gift for your valentine, a treat for both students and local shelters in need and a chance to recycle and compete in RecycleMania’s kick-off.

Tuesday: Twinsters

Student Center Theater

5 to 7:30 p.m.

Council of Ethnic Oorganizations presents a documentary about two Korean adoptees, Anaïs and Sam, who learn about each other through social media. They believe they are twins who were separated at birth and raised on opposite sides of the world.

Get to follow Samantha and Anaïs’ journey into sisterhood, witnessing everything from their first meeting to their first trip back to Korea where their separation took place. Explore the meaning of family and connection through a story that would have been impossible just 10 years ago without the creation of YouTube and Facebook.

Tuesday: Get a waffle at the Pre-Vet Society bake sale

Student Center South

10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The Pre-Vet Student Society will be having a bake sale with waffles, Thai tea, hot dogs and sweets. Ten percent of the bake sale proceeds will benefit a local shelter or organization in need. So go ahead, sip on a Thai tea and speak to your pet’s future vets.

Wednesday: Stuff-A-Bear

Student Center South – Houston Room

11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Join Student Program Board for their annual Stuff-A-Bear event, where you’ll have the opportunity to stuff your own custom plush animal, right in time for Valentine’s Day. Need a gift for your significant other, coworker, family member or friend or just want to make your own stuffed animal? They got you covered.

Thursday: RecycleMania Kickoff

Butler Plaza

1 to 4 p.m.

Join the Office of Sustainability on Thursday to kick off the two-month long RecycleMania competition. Participate in their recycling games and bottled water taste test at the kickoff for a chance to win a recycled backpack and other great prizes. The organization needs help to reduce, reuse and recycle while UH competes against other universities throughout February and March.

You can also get to see the University’s ranking in the competition online.

Friday: Launch into Engineering 2016

Campus Recreation and Wellness Center, 1st Floor Center Court

10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

The Society of Women Engineers is hosting its annual high school outreach event. Approximately 120 high school students will be introduced to the broad and diverse field of engineering. The engineering organizations will host fun and engaging workshops with an exciting guest speaker.