10 Questions: Senior forward loves Criminal Minds, CSI: Miami

WEB-Justin-Tijerina-IMG_1769

Senior forward Devonta Pollard said he would most like to have a one-on-one coaching session with legendary NBA head coaches Phil Jackson or Gregg Popovich. | Justin Tijerina/The Cougar

In this week’s edition of 10 questions, The Cougar had the chance to talk with men’s basketball senior forward Devonta Pollard, the reigning American Athletic Conference player of the week, following a career-high 34 points in the victory over Memphis, the most by a Cougar this season.

Q: Do people ever accuse you of being addicted to your phone?

A:  Some people do and some people don’t. I’m on my phone a lot but I’m able to multitask so I can be on my phone and talk to my friends.

Q: What is the one place you’ve never visited that you’d like to go and why?

A: Miami, for the weather.

Q: What is the thing you miss most about Houston while on the road?

A: The soul food restaurant, This Is It.

Q: Would you rather be able to fly or become invisible?

A: Invisible, that way I can go places and do things to people and can’t be seen.

Q: Who is the best basketball player right now?

A: LeBron James.

Q: If you could have a 1-on-1 coaching session from any athlete or coach ever, who would it be and why?

A: Either Phil Jackson or Gregg Popovich because I feel like they have been in the game so long and have taken so many different teams to the top stage. I feel like they have a real lot of basketball wisdom that they could teach me.

Q: What made you get into basketball, and when did you realize you could pursue it in college?

A: My height and because I had the talent to play. I realized I could play Division I when I was in ninth grade.

Q: If you could only watch two TV shows for the rest of your life, what would they be and why?

A: Criminal Minds and CSI: Miami. I like a lot of mystery and people trying to solve crimes. Horatio Caine and the group that’s with Criminal Minds — I just love the way they do it.

Q: What’s the best class you’ve taken at UH and why?

A: Basketball.

Q: Who is the best dresser on the team?

A: Eric Weary.