Golf Sports

Men’s golf earns fifth win of season at Colin Montgomerie Invitational

Continuing their strong play to start the season, the Cougar men’s golf program wrapped up a win Tuesday at the Colin Montgomerie Invitational, taking the team tournament title by 20 strokes.

With four of the six Cougar competitors at the event finishing under par, UH wrapped up -20 under par for the event.

Redshirt freshman Logan Davis led all Cougars with a tournament score of -5 under par, putting him in a tie for second place at the event.

Sophomore Michael Perras and redshirt sophomore Joshua Gibbons each put up -4 under par scores for the invitational, putting them each in a tie for third place.

Redshirt freshman Matt Williams rounded out the Cougar competitors who finished below par, carding a -3 under par for the tournament and placing in a tie for sixth.

Redshirt junior Matt Dunn and redshirt freshman Jacob Veerman finished +1 over par and +18 over par respectively, earning ties for 10th and 68th place.

The rest of the team finished up the Querencia Cabo Collegiate tournament today in Querencia, Cabo Lucas, Mexico, where the team finished in a tie for 12th place.

Next weekend, the Cougars will turn their attention to the Border Olympics tournament in Laredo, Texas on March 11-12.