Anger over Sanders’ loss helps Trump win in November

Embed from Getty Images

The political revolution that Bernie Sanders started well over a year ago has become a battle against Hillary Clinton and Democratic Party.

Shouting over speakers and protesting outside the Democratic National Convention will definitely reach millions of ears throughout the country, but it will bring more negative attention than good. Every shout, sign and pin that represented Sanders in protest to the DNC is one more vote for Donald Trump.

As Democrats struggle to unite, Trump laughs because he knows this could influence so many voters in November.

I am one of the biggest advocates of free speech and the right to express yourself. I respect the initial intent, but what has started as a revolution has now turned into a spectacle. Of course, it is a political move for Sanders to endorse Clinton. What else is he going to do? He lost. He knows what will happen if he continues to fight and divide the party.

“In these stressful times for our country, this election must be about bringing our people together, not dividing us up. While Donald Trump is busy insulting Mexicans, Muslims, women, African Americans and veterans, Hillary Clinton understands that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths. Yes. We become stronger when black and white, Latino, Asian American, Native American – all of us – stand together. ”

Sanders’ remarks on Clinton

There is now one common enemy and a war that won’t be over until every vote is counted in November. People are always right in saying the current election is “the most important.” The future of our country is determined now. Choosing a leader that does nothing but feed on the fears and prejudice of this country would be devastating.

The Sanders and Clinton camps worked in unison to create the most progressive Democratic platform in history. Sanders has turned himself from a fiery senator into one of the biggest signs of change in this country in a long time. He fought against everyone who told him he would get crushed against Clinton and won more states than any one ever thought he could.

The Sanders campaign brought to light a lot of issues that have long been ignored by both Democrats and Republicans. From fighting for the middle class to student debt, people have embraced Sanders as a true politician for the people.

Sanders knows that the only way the revolution can have a chance is to be a politician and align himself with Clinton.

I don’t want to undermine the progress or revolution as a whole. This is a moment in history that will not be forgotten because of the unrelenting fight shown by Sanders’ supporters.

The almost 20,000 emails that were released by WikiLeaks last week have led to a lot of revelations within the Democratic Party. DNC Chairperson Debbie Wasserman Schultz and her compatriots did not like Sanders or his revolution. They actively tried to find ways to influence the election and made it seem like Clinton was the only option for the Democratic nomination.

This candid look at how the DNC operated during the primary elections is politics at its worst. As a “Bernie bro,” I am disappointed at the measures taken to take down the only true political outsider I have ever seen.

While disappointing, it’s not worth being divided and handing the election to Trump.

Our country is already severely divided with so many issues. Let’s not let this moment determine the election and our future. This is not about allowing your voice to be silenced. This is about making sure you still have one after January of next year.

Opinion editor Frank Campos is media production senior and can be reached at [email protected].

• No one … is talking about the Democrats who plan to vote for Trump.

The arrogance of Obama and Clinton over Trump is palpable.

• Bernie sold out to the Democratic Party. I believe it is time to look at a third party instead of a corrupt one… That is much worse than a trump election.

• The country wants change! Hillary would be more of the same or Obama 3.0. People that I talk to are “sick” of it. There is a lot of anti-Hillary sentiment among African-Americans and others. The question is what does this negative sentiment mean? Will people vote for Jill Stein, stay home or come out and vote Trump? The crystal ball is a bit cloudy at this point and perhaps in another month it may clear.