City News

Fantastic events await on Labor Day weekend

With the win, the Cougars now sit at 8-0 this year and 4-0 in AAC play. | Justin Tijerina/The Cougar

For the past few months, students have been looking forward to the crucial matchup between the Cougars and the University of Oklahoma Sooners. | Justin Tijerina/The Cougar

Cougars versus Sooners

11 a.m., Saturday, NRG Stadium

Possible Big 12 implications, a team that has been working hard for the new season and formidable talents on both sides — this is the football game to see. Yes, the growing hype alone already makes this game more significant than that time when two DC superheroes collide. Either get your tickets here or get over to Calhoun’s Rooftop!

Seth MacFarlane with the Houston Symphony

7:30 to 10:30 p.m., Sunday, Houston Symphony

Besides getting the jokes down, the mastermind behind “Family Guy” and “Ted” has vocal chords that can liven a town. Get your tickets now.

Coffee & Cars

8 to 10 a.m., Saturday, Memorial City Mall

Classic icons and modern stars of the automotive world gather at this special event. A few key members of the forthcoming Lamborghini Festival will also attend. Admission is free.

Bollywood Blast 2016

8 to 9:30 p.m., Sunday, Miller Outdoor Theatre

With the event’s theme being “Kaleidoscope — A Bollywood Fairytale,” arresting colors and extraordinary choreography are going to be the norm here. Let India sweep you away this weekend.

Gospel Brunch

1:30 p.m., Sunday, House of Blues

It’s world-famous for a reason: great food, awesome venue and rousing music. Grab your tickets here!