Commentary Sports

Man on the Street: The match with Lamar

After earning perhaps the biggest win in program history last weekend, football returns to the field on Saturday for a matchup against the Lamar University Cardinals.

Although the Cougars enter the game as the 42-point favorite, students are excited to attend the season’s first outing at TDECU Stadium.

Sophomore petroleum engineering major David Nonachi:

“It’s the first time this season I can get a feel of the energy, being at home. Most of my friends can be (at the game) this time.”

Senior computer engineering major Doryin Bedford:

“I think the first game was a message and this game will be us putting a period at the end of that message. Making sure that we show that we belong in the top 10 in the nation.”

Senior biology major Christie Lopez:

“I’m hoping that the Cougars do just as good as they did in the OU game. They seem to have brought back the success from last season and I went to all of those games. So I’m trying to go support the Coogs again at home games.”

Junior kinesiology major Crystal Obed:

“We’re going to crush Lamar. Period. Enough said. We’re going to have an opportunity to show ourselves as a university and it’s going to put us on the map.”

Freshman business management major Hunter Lyde:

“It’s my first year here so I think its going to be pretty live! Coach Herman came into our class today and he was trying to get us pumped up for the game and that was pretty cool. It is something you’ll never be able to see again once you’re out of college.”