Trump lost ‘bigly’ in second presidential debate

Embed from Getty Images

The country lost again during the second presidential debate, as both candidates spent more time attacking each other rather than talking about the major issues that concerned voters.

Although Hillary Clinton won the night, Donald Trump may have saved himself with conservatives who were ready to jump ship by not having a complete meltdown as was expected. Trump faltered at the beginning of the debate, but later improved and held his own on a few occasions.

Trump lost even before the debate began. No, it wasn’t because of the video that showed the true nature of a man who is trying to fool the country into electing him this November. It’s because of his decision to hold a press conference pre-debate with four women who accused Bill Clinton of improper advances.

Trump saw a drastic fallout in the wake of the debacle that showed him practically admitting to sexual assault.

Numerous Republicans rescind their endorsements while others chose to condemn his comments and his rhetoric. Either way, whatever fading momentum Trump had after the first debate was lost after the video was released.

That press conference before the second debate was a terrible stunt that backfired on Trump and his campaign. Yes, people were discussing this instead of the video, but only because Trump seemed to be derailing as he races to the bottom.

Trump continued his descent during the first half-hour of the debate, but achieved some semblance of composure as the night progressed.

Clinton didn’t fare well herself. She seemed unsure of her answers and unsuccessfully sidestepped the usual email questions. She also failed miserably at explaining the comment she made during a private donor meeting.

Her biggest error of the night was not pushing Trump on the video. Instead, we saw Trump — again — explained his comments as “locker-room talk” and then quickly moved on to the next topic.

Clinton had a shot, but she didn’t take it. Still, Trump had too many mistakes to go unnoticed.

His biggest shortcoming was his feeble attempt at explaining foreign policy and the chaos in Syria. This explanation also revealed that he disagreed with his running mate, Mike Pence, as well as the fact how both had not talked since the vice presidential debate.

Trump’s performance was terrible and there is absolutely no excuse for it. The segment on foreign policy alone should disqualify Trump from being president. It is scary to imagine a man like Trump representing us and making decisions that may put citizens in danger.

He continued his false rhetoric regarding Muslims and avoided his call for a ban on the religion by designating it as “extreme vetting.” Then, Trump did an amazing flip-flop by, finally, admitting to moderator Anderson Cooper that he took advantage of a tax law that exempted him from federal income tax for the last 20 years.

A second later, however, Trump said he paid millions in taxes including federal income tax. Who knows what the truth really is.

Trump and his camp will probably be more than happy with the results of the debate. To me and many others, the second presidential debate again showed why Trump will never be qualified to be president.

Opinion editor Frank Campos is a media production senior and can be reached at [email protected]

• I realize it is an opinion piece, but just curious if you feel Hillary is the answer? It is obvious how you feel about Trump. But is Hillary the best, most qualified person to run our country? If not, why dont you say it? Why not endorse someone who could make a difference, who is not a corrupt politician?

• Constantly saying Hillary is corrupt is just tired lies and mundane redundancy. Just stfu with the constant crud that she’s some machivellian hate machine. She has been exceptional in her services and is ridiculously more qualified than that sniffing racist failure of a human being. She has done nothing wrong, and if you believe she has, you’re just a blind fool regurgitating the tired rhetoric of the same failed GOP sh*t show. Just a welfare state of lazy old white men that have spent the past 8 years failing the citizens of this country.

• ‘ol Frankie Boy … and the Leftist Media are ever so scared of Trump. You can tell from the one-sided negative news coverage of Donald.

5 dead, 40 wounded in Chicago, or Chiraq,over the weekend BTW. A lite end of the week for Chiraq.

With Joy Behar and Eleanor Holmes Norton BLAMING Bill’s Clinton’s VICTIMS, so I wonder?

Should Bill Cosby’s VICTIMS be BLAMED as well?

Look. we have GOP Establishment Elites siding with Leftist Democrats all scared to death that Donald Trump will most likely win. Thus ruining their little clubs.

During the second debate Trump did not hold back. He pounded and pounded to the point that Frank Luntz thought he easily won.

And the polls showing Hillary up Double-Digits following the debate are BOGUS. They worked on a two-day, not three-day average. And the pollsters essentially WORKED FOR the Clinton’s, so you know they would be skewed. Besides the ENERGY for Hillary Clinton is only coming from the Leftist Media … and ‘ol Franky Boy.

While Clinton is UNABLE TO FILL 5% of a convention center, Trump’s rallies are FULL to OVERFLOWING. Hence, the media CARRIES HILLARY’S WATER with their unfair news coverage.

In addition, Clinton’s PAID SPEECHES to WALL STREET BANKS (when she was paid $20 million for a series of 20 minute speeches over two-years) showed a PROMOTION of FRACKING, which she stated was a product of the Energy Department. Thank you WikiLeaks – John Podesta emails.

When you have Hillary snail trail eating reporters actually calling her campaign asking for approval for quotes to use post interview, you know they are in the bag for Hillary. And it makes one wonder.

Does TDC call the College Democrats for their approval of their stories?

• “Bigly”? Don’t you mean, “big-league”? Moron journalists can’t even write with grammatical precision… Eighth graders writing these propaganda pieces?

I’ve never heard of such a retarded adverb, before. Holy Moses!

• “Although Hillary Clinton won the night”? Ha ha ha… and ha ha ha! Trump did exactly what his supporters wanted him to do… wipe the floor with Slithery Hillary; that lying crooked, greedy heartless measure of a female vessel.

And Ha ha ha ha ha…again! You said, “accused Bill Clinton of improper advances.”………”improper advances”? Is this the new PC phrase for “RAPE”?
    Is “accused” code for “sued”? And didn’t Bill pay a “Yuge” pile of cash for that? He settled the suit brought by Paula Jones for $850,000 and doesn’t the list and testimonies go far beyond the women Trump had a pre-debate meeting with?

Well, maybe the tide will go the other way… even in the media… when Trump takes his seat in the Oval Office… And though he is clearly documented saying less than tasteful words on many occasions, I feel pretty confident he is not going to play hide the Cigar with his interns while at that desk or any other desk… He probably won’t make numerous trips to that infamous Island Bill liked so much either.