Where, how to vote if you’re registered on campus
Election Day isn’t so far away, and only five days remain until early voting comes to an end on Friday.
Voters can vote early at any polling location in their district. On Election Day, however, they must vote at their assigned precinct that can be found on their voter registration card.
On Tuesday, the Student Government Association will host “Coogs Vote Rally” with speakers and a fair from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Student Center South Ballroom. After the event, the group will take the METRORail at 1:30 p.m. to vote at the Palm Center.
For those living on or near campus, here’s a list of the closest polling locations for the respective districts. All early voting locations are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. through Friday when the early voting period ends.
Early Voting Locations — Harris County
- The Palm Center, Justice of the Peace Courts – 5300 Griggs Road, Houston, TX 77021
Students can take the Southeast Line/Purple Line METRORail route to reach The Palm Center.
- Harris County Elections Department – 1001 Preston St. # 400, Houston, TX 77002
Students can take the Southeast Line/Purple Line METRORail route to reach this location.
- Ripley House Neighborhood Center – 4410 Navigation Blvd., Houston, TX 77011
- HCC Southeast College Building C Parking Garage – 6960 Rustic St., Houston, TX 77087
- Sunnyside Multi-Service Center – 9314 Cullen Blvd., Houston, TX 77051
Students can take the Fannin South METRORail route to reach Sunnyside Health Center.
Election Day Locations — Harris County
UH residents who vote on Election Day must vote in their specific precinct within Harris County. Voters can look up their precincts on their Voter Registration Card or at the Harris Votes website.
- PRECINCT 0390: Wheeler Avenue Baptist Church, Fellowship Hall — 3826 Wheeler Ave., Houston, TX 77004
- PRECINCT 0389: University of Houston Student Center North — 4465 University Drive, Room 113, Houston, TX 77004
- PRECINCT 0228: HC Courthouse Annex 14 Southeast — 5737 Cullen Blvd., Houston, TX 77021
General Voting Tips
- Bring a government issued I.D. or Voter I.D. card when you go vote. A UH Student I.D. will not work.
- Double check that you registered to vote before Oct. 11 here.
- Make sure to vote early to avoid long lines on Election Day.
- Update your address if you moved since the last election.
The following forms of government issued photo ID are accepted:
- Texas driver’s license
- Texas Election Identification Certificate
- Texas personal identification card
- Texas license to carry a handgun
- U.S. military identification card showing photo
- U.S. citizenship certificate showing photo
- U.S. passport