Thursday, April 27, 2017

Golf

Men’s golf finishes 13th in Hawaii

golf

The Cougars outplayed No. 49 UNC-Wilmington at the Ka’anapali Collegiate Classic and will head to the Western Refining College All-America Classic Saturday. | The Cougar

The men’s golf team competed last weekend, as they headed to the Ka’anapali Collegiate Classic in Lahaina, Hawaii.

The Cougars started their tournament Friday and wrapped up on Sunday. They finished 13th overall as a team among the 24-team field.

Junior Michael Perras led the Cougars on his way to a tie for 19th place. He shot a 210 overall on the three-day, par-71 course to finish 3-under. On the first day, Perras finished 1-over before posting a 69 on Saturday and Sunday.

Fellow junior Papito Gonzalez finished one place behind Perras but was just 1-under par on the three-day course. He finished at-par on the first and third day and 1-under on the middle day.

Redshirt freshman Zach Tracy and freshman Pryce Beshoory struggled on the first day of the tournament before turning it around. Tracy ended up tied for 60th while Beshoory tied for 72nd.

Sophomore Logan Davis rounded out the competition for the Cougars as he finished in 108th in the 132-man field.

There were eight top-50 teams in the playing field, and the Cougars narrowly edged out No. 49 — the University of North Carolina at Wilmington.

No. 24 Clemson University won the tournament and posted a 26-under par score. Clemson’s Doc Redman won gold by finishing 15-under.

The women’s golf team headed to Dallas to play in the Trinity Forest Invitational Monday. They finished the evening in seventh place and will wrap up Tuesday.

Tags: , ,

Does the construction along Spur 5, which will eventually impact the U.S. 59 north and south on-ramps from I-45, affect your commute to class?

• Yes, my commute will be dramatically different and much longer (36%, 38 Votes)
    • My commute will be slightly impacted, but it's not too much of a nuisance (29%, 31 Votes)
    • I don't commute/ I never use I-45 or Spur 5 (23%, 24 Votes)
    • I commute but had no idea about the construction (12%, 13 Votes)

Total Voters: 106