Trump win nourishes racial tensions

Embed from Getty Images

Following a brutal election campaign and a shocking presidential win, race relations are the worst they’ve been in decades.

Almost immediately after Donald Trump was elected president, hate crimes have begun sprouting up around the country. Minorities are afraid and unsure of their future in the U.S.

While this certainly isn’t the first time that hate crimes have taken place on U.S. soil, Trump’s win has given hate groups a platform to stand on. A president who didn’t seem to care much about the minority vote or their issues embolden them.

Trump has expressed his dismay at the news of supporters inciting violence, calling for them to “stop it.” It seems to be falling on deaf ears, however.

It’s hard to believe that, after allowing his followers to stew in their hatred during his campaign, Trump is at all surprised by the ripple effect of his hurtful speeches.

In Texas alone, there have already been several incidents involving Trump supporters.

Last week, a group calling themselves the “Texas State Vigilantes” posted fliers around Texas State University encouraging readers to “organize, tar and feather… and go arrest and torture those deviant university leaders spouting off all this diversity garbage.”

The day of Trump’s election, Natasha Nkhama, a black female student at Baylor University was shoved off the sidewalk and told “no n—–s allowed on the sidewalk.” When a witness confronted the man, he claimed that he was just “trying to make America great again.”

Unfortunately, that hasn’t been the end of it. Events like this have been happening nationwide.

It was the outcome that minorities dreaded, a nightmare in which every gritty detail plays out exactly how we expected after such a tense year.

While Trump may have thought that his “Make America Great Again” slogan would ignite a sense of unity and national pride among citizens, it has, so far, brought forth fearmongering.

Also surfacing are citizens claiming to be Trump supporters, who — without hooded white robes and burning crosses — will rely on their new president to back them as they terrorize minorities.

If anything, the president-elect is on track to set America back to a time when it was everything but great. Although the country made their choice in choosing Trump, the real and yet-determined question is whether the right one was made.

It’s a hard pill to swallow, but those who voted otherwise should use that lemon and make lemonade. However, until now, there’s no sugar to sweeten the deal, and minorities are already left with a sour taste in their mouth.

How much longer is Trump going to allow his supporters to disrespect and discriminate against minorities? When will enough be enough?

Will the work of civil rights activist like Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks and W.E.B. Du Bois be wasted because some people were just chomping at the bit to tear down, oppress and deny others the right to live happily?

Is that what it means to “Make America Great Again”?

Thank you for the setback, Trump. Enjoy your new, “great” United States.

Senior staff Columnist Caprice Carter is a communication junior and can be reached at [email protected]

• The word Obama does not appear one time in Young Carter’s tripe today.

Yes the Post-Racial President that Baby Carter loves easily excuses his lousy performance in race relations. In fact, Obama has done more to gin-up race division that anyone else. But Baby Carter is doing her best to raise racial tensions today, implying that Trump supporters are responsible for racial hatred. Nothing could be farther from the Truth. In fact, those so-called Trump supporters who are committing racial offenses are Democrats trying to portray themselves as Republicans.

Does anyone see UH GOP President Jordan Smith throwing people down in the names of hate. No. But Baby Carter will do her best to portray it.

Baby Carter also excuses George Soros, who is paying for busing in protesters to large cities like Chicago.

Baby Carter knows full well that Trump is not associated with the KKK. But both Hillary and Bill Clinton have had confirmed friendships with KKK supporters, and its like water off a ducks back for the hypocrite Carter.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7YMJI0A0978/hqdefault.jpg

In fact, the KKK started as a Military Wing of the Southern Democrat Party after the Civil War, in a time when a number of BLACKS were REPUBLICAN Congressman and Senators from the South like Senator Hiram Revels – (R) Mississippi.
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ec/Hiram_Rhodes_Revels_-_Brady-Handy-(restored).png/410px-Hiram_Rhodes_Revels_-_Brady-Handy-(restored).png

Baby Carter is one of those Blacks that does not see the seeds of destruction that Democrats have sown for the Black Democrats. As late as 1965, Detroit was a Cosmopolitan City, but over 50 years of Democrat mayors have turned the city into a dump, where even the Black Professionals have moved out of the City. And its not just Detroit … really, any Democrat run city is debt up to its eyeballs.

The real shame is that teachers in cities like Detroit have no real resources to empower their students. At Detroit schools, students engage in sexual activity in class, in the hallways, bathrooms; in full view of teachers and security guards. Detroit graduates 25% of their students, and only half of those students can read and write.

Baby Carter’s pitiful tripe today proves she is not interested in improving America. Trump is more respectful of Blacks than Democrats themselves.

Where Donald Trump sees Blacks as individual men or women, trying to improve themselves … while Democrats …

… Democrats see Blacks as a VOTING BLOCK … allowing them to come off the Plantation every four years to vote for Democrats, and keep the cycle of ineffective living going for another four years.

No doubt Baby Carter supports the BLM shooting of Police Officers … the latest being a San Antonio Police Detective.

No doubt Baby Carter supports ISIS and their Brutal Murders of Children. The attached link shows a child being run over by a tank.

https://www.clarionproject.org/analysis/brutal-execution-video-shows-child-crushed-under-tank

I applaud Kanye West and his attempt to stop people putting race at the forefront of their lives. But Baby Carter mistakenly associates MLK and Rosa Parks with the tilted movement of today. I maintain that MLK would distance himself from BLM and other leftist.

MLK spoke of character, not race. He said, and I paraphrase, “look at me as a Man, not as a Black Man. Look at how I’ve acted, not as you expect me to act.”

• I think the Hillary haters and other ‘Make America great again’ deniers should not be banned from campus. How else will they learn if they’re not able to debate these issues in an academic setting. Since many of the profs have a heavy bias let them referee the discussions but not contribute.

Of course Obama will do everything he can do to continue to create a great American divide but we can ignore him for another fifty days and pretend he’s irrelevant has he truly has been for the remainder of his time. Let the discussions and open-mindedness begin.

• No, It is the media, protesters, and published opinions like yours that nourish the racial tensions, not Donald Trump. The media plays up these incidents as far more prevalent than they actually are while simultaneously ignoring the hateful rhetoric coming from the other side. You are the same person who implores us to not judge a group like black lives matter based on the violence of some, but you do exactly that with Trump and his supporters. Name one thing Trump has said post election to incite racial tensions. I doubt you can find anything. The real stoking of tensions comes from people like you who write with such a condescending attitude and perpetuate the idea that Trump’s America is based solely on white racism. It is not.