Friday, July 21, 2017

Crime

BREAKING: Student assaulted at Calhoun Lofts

A student was assaulted early Thursday at Calhoun Lofts, UHPD reported in a security alert.

The student was leaving Calhoun Lofts around 4 a.m. when he was approached by the suspect, who requested access to the building, the alert said.

When the student told the suspect he did not live at Calhoun Lofts and could not let him in, the suspect assaulted him with his fist. The student fell and lost consciousness.

“After further investigation, due to the nature of the injury, it was determined to be an aggravated assault,” the release said.

The suspect fled the location in a silver Hyundai Veloster towards Entrance 18 and Elgin, just north of the Hines College of Architecture.

The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 18 to 22 years old, 5 foot 8 inches to 5 foot 10 inches tall, with a slim build. He was wearing a dark colored, long-sleeved sweater and light colored pants and had a short haircut.

UHPD is actively investigating this case.

Tags: ,

• Mohammed bin Zayed Jones

The suspect is described as a black male …. how racist.

Does the construction along Spur 5, which will eventually impact the U.S. 59 north and south on-ramps from I-45, affect your commute to class?

• Yes, my commute will be dramatically different and much longer (36%, 38 Votes)
    • My commute will be slightly impacted, but it's not too much of a nuisance (29%, 31 Votes)
    • I don't commute/ I never use I-45 or Spur 5 (23%, 24 Votes)
    • I commute but had no idea about the construction (12%, 13 Votes)

Total Voters: 106