Gallery: Cougars drop close one at home

One of the most anticipated games of the 2017 season ended in disappointment for the Cougars when Texas Tech came into TDECU Stadium and handed the home team its first loss of the season.

Offensive inefficiency and carelessness with the football led to five Cougars’ turnovers, which put the team in too deep of a hole to climb out of. Houston, now 2-1 this season, will travel to Philadelphia to open conference play against the Temple Owls on Saturday.

Here are some of the best photos from Saturday afternoon:

• Kyle Postma > Kyle Allen… Enough Said. We should be undefeated heading into the the Temple game. I hate that our defense played their BUTTS off just to lose due to the lack of offense. Kyle Allen has all the physical talent to be a great quarterback but mental composure can’t be coached. He’s timid once the ball is snapped, his eyes (head) follows his target, he throws across his body and makes terrible decisions (not bad decisions, TERRIBLE decisions). I’ll give the OC the benefit of doubt after this game, but I do blame Major for letting Allen play after the 2nd quarter. This was an opportunity for UH to be ranked and discussed more around college football. This is a very talented Team. Lets end the Season with only 1 loss. Let’s go POSTMA!!!