side bar
Sunday, October 17, 2021


BREAKING: Small fire broke out at Roy G. Cullen overnight

Roy G. Cullen fire

University officials inspecting damage to classrooms at Roy. G. Cullen. | McKenzie Misiaszek/The Cougar

A small fire broke out at Roy G. Cullen overnight causing damage to one classroom.

The fire, which began at 2 a.m., started when a motor on a blower caught fire. The blower and a dehumidifier were placed in the classroom Monday evening when a leak was discovered, University spokesman Mike Rosen said.

The building will remain open today except for rooms 110-114. Four of those rooms are classrooms and one is a conference room. Classes in those rooms are canceled today, Rosen said.

The University hopes to have the rooms operational tomorrow, Rosen said.

A burnt smell lingers in the building.

[email protected]

Tags: ,

Back to Top ↑
  • COVID-19
  • Sign up for our Email Edition

  • Follow us on Twitter

  • Polls

    How are your classes going so far?

    View Results

    Loading ... Loading ...