Aminah Tannir" />
side bar
Thursday, September 28, 2023


Smoke triggers fire alarm in Student Center South

Fire alarms in Student Center South sounded at around 8:45 a.m. due to smoke accumulating in the McDonald’s kitchen.

A McDonald’s employee was cleaning the grill, but the vent hood wasn’t working to clear the smoke was the trigger to the alarm, according to media relations director Chris Stipes.

The fire alarm was triggered, halting activities in the student center and the Houston Fire Department responded at 8:55 a.m.

There were no injuries, operations resumed at 9:10 a.m.

[email protected]

Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to Top ↑
  • Sign up for our Email Edition

  • Polls

    What about UH will you miss the least this summer?

    View Results

    Loading ... Loading ...