Campus Crime Report

The following is a partial report of campus crime from June 11 through Monday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Police Department. The information in italics indicates when the event was reported to UHPD and the event’s location. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UHPD at (713) 743-0600.

Theft: 5:07 p.m., June 11, Science ‘ Research 1 – A student reported the theft of her unsecured and unattended wallet and glucose monitor from the basement of S ‘ R 1. There are no suspects and witnesses. Occurred June 8 between noon and 1 p.m.

Criminal trespass: 2:46 a.m., June 11, Cullen Oaks Apartments – A visitor was arrested for criminal trespass inside a computer room on Cullen Oaks. The visitor is not a student or resident of Cullen Oaks. The visitor was previously issued a criminal trespass warning for the complex. The visitor was transported and released to Harris County Jail. Occurred June 10 at 2:46 a.m.

Possession of a controlled substance: 10:51 a.m., June 11, Agnes Arnold Hall – A visitor was found loitering on the fifth floor of Agnes Arnold Hall. A consensual search was conducted on the visitor’s property and a quantity of cocaine was found. The visitor was booked, charged and released to the Harris County Jail. Occurred June 10 at 10:51 a.m.

Criminal mischief: 9:16 a.m., Tuesday, Lot 6A – A visitor to UH reported that someone slashed the tires on his unattended and secured van while it was parked in a UH lot. There are no suspects or witnesses at this time. Occurred June 10 between 12:30 and 2 p.m.

Theft by public servant: 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, South Park Annex – While conducting an investigation into another case, a UH employee was discovered to have stolen UH property in an unrelated incident. The employee subsequently confessed to the theft and was arrested and charged with theft by a public servant, a third degree felony. The UH employee was transported to the Harris County Inmate Processing Center. Occurred June 11 between 7 and 8:30 a.m.

Warrant: 10:28 a.m., Thursday, Melcher Hall – A UH faculty member reported that someone was possibly following her around Melcher Hall. UH Department of Public Safety police officers identified the visitor and arrested the individual for two outstanding warrants from Memorial Village’s Police Department. The visitor was released to the MVPD. Occurred Wednesday between 10:28 a.m. and 12:07 p.m. Theft: 2:45 p.m., Friday, M.D. Anderson Memorial Library – A student reported that someone removed her unattended and secured bicycle from the bicycle rack in front of the Library. There are no suspects or witnesses. Occurred Thursday between 2:15 and 2:35 p.m.

Driving while license invalid: 3:53 p.m., Monday, Cambridge Oaks Apartments – A visitor was reported having a verbal confrontation with her father and brother while visiting them at Cambridge Oaks Apartments. The visitor was stopped and it was then determined to be driving on an invalid driver’s license. The visitor was arrested and transported to the Harris County jail. Occurred Friday at 3:53 p.m.

Criminal Trespass: 3:35 p.m., June 18, Science ‘ Research 2 – A UH staff member reported that someone illegally entered an office stuite not open to the public and without the effective consent of the staff members. An investigation is under way. Occurred Friday at midnight.

Harrassment: 12:15 a.m., Monday, Cougar Place – A UH student reported that a man made multiple harrassing phone calls to the Cougar Place front desk. There are no suspects at this time. Occurred Saturday between 12:14 and 2:30 a.m.