‘Love’ in the air: Celebrity tales of love just in time for Valentine’s Day

This week’s celebrity buzz is collected in random bits. But selections that took center stage included Lady Gaga’s “Viva Glam” lipstick, Justin Timberlake dressed in drag (again) and the utter horror of Filipinos being murdered for belting out Frank Sinatra tunes.

This week in celebrity land

Plenty of buzz surrounds Taylor Swift after her off-key performance alongside Stevie Nicks at the Grammy’s on Jan. 31.

Swift’s act sparked controversy about her eight nominations, begging the question: can the blonde beauty even sing? Rest assured Swift has been in the news for more than her singing ability this past week, catapulting her to the top of the celebrity totem pole.

Swift and fellow recording artist John Mayer have often been linked of late. Earlier this year, Touch Magazine reported that “John brags about his hot hookup with Taylor,” and that Swift spent a night with Mayer in Nashville, Tenn.

Swift reportedly laughed off the rumors and it’s safe to say, considering that it was an In Touch article, we all should too.

Ashton Kutcher, who stars in the upcoming flick Valentine’s Day, told Parade magazine that he hates Valentine’s Day.

“I can’t stand it. I think that every day should be a day of romance. I think you should celebrate love 364 days out of the year,” Kutcher said. “Then, on Valentine’s Day, you should get to tell whomever you hate that you cannot stand them. There would be one day of hating, and 364 days of love.

Ashton assured Parade that despite his negative thoughts on the card company’s favorite holiday, his feelings on love and his relationship with actress Demi Moore are solid.

“My relationship with Demi is so solid, thank God, and we’re so communicative about the way that we’re feeling that we don’t allow space to come between us. My wife and I have an agreement in our marriage, and part of that contract is that we are going to shine our lights on each other.”

Ironically, Ashton’s quote is prime for the inside of a Hallmark card.

Other Notes

Lady Gaga’s new MAC Cosmetics “Viva Glam” Gaga lipstick will hit stores March 18. Priced at $14, GagaDaily, a Lady Gaga fan site, claims, “…100 percent of the proceeds from sales will go to the MAC AIDS Fund.”

In February, Harvard named Justin Timberlake its Hasty Pudding Man of the Year.

Hasty Pudding Theatricals is a student society at the Ivy League university known for its burlesque musicals. It is also one of the oldest collegiate theatrical organizations in the U.S.

Always the jokester, Timberlake wore a beach blonde wig while accepting the award. Later in the evening, Timberlake adorned pink heels and a bra.

“Funny enough, every time I’ve hosted Saturday Night Live, I’ve ended up in drag at least once,” Timberlake told celebitchy.com. “I love stuff like this.”

Filipino stabbed for belting out Frank Sinatra

Celebrity buzz aside, the New York Times reported that a Filipino man, Rodolfo Gregorio, refused to sing Frank Sinatra’s “My Way,” at a local karaoke bar in fear of death. Apparently, belting out the lyrics to Ol’ Blue Eyes’ tune can get someone stabbed in the Philippine.

“I used to like ‘My Way,’ but after all the trouble, I stopped singing it,” he said. “You can get killed.”

What’s worse is that at least “half a dozen” lives have been claimed. The media is labeling this trend of karaoke incidents as the “My Way Killings.”

Many karaoke establishments have removed the song from their playlists, leaving faithful Sinatra fans like Gregorio Sinatra-less.

Although this sounds comical, the Times assures readers that this situation is quite serious. The article also claims that a Malaysian man was stabbed for hogging a microphone, while a Thai man killed eight of his neighbors after falling into a violent rage over John Denver’s “Take Me Home Country Roads.”

A woman in Seattle has also been documented as punching a man in the face for singing Coldplay’s “Yellow.” It seems the stars won’t be shining down on that man in Seattle anytime soon.