Welcome back, let us learn from you

The start of each semester is usually marked by a sense of newness, a bit of apprehension and, of course, excitement in the imaginings of what the coming year will bring.

Though the summer has ended and we’re all getting back into the swing of fast-paced classes and waking up earlier than we’d prefer, it’s still important to have a little fun once in a while.

Even if you find yourself with your nose in a book for the better part of the semester, you can expect me to keep you informed on exactly what the name implies — life and arts.

More often than not, this section will be here to lighten your mood when your day takes a turn for the worst. I’ve got a whole host of exciting things lined up for the coming semester. I certainly don’t wan to spoil any surprises for you so I can’t reveal all the secrets of the section, but I will give you a few hints.

I will strive to bring you more coverage on the School of Theatre & Dance, Moores School of Music, the Blaffer Gallery and other on-campus happenings. In addition to that, you’ll find articles that cater to your lifestyle as a college student and things that are going on around town.

Also making an appearance in Life & Arts will be articles about the latest fashion trends, how to save your love life from falling off the face of the Earth (I can’t make any promises, but I’ll do my best, anyway), snide comments about pop culture, restaurant, movie and concert reviews, as well as articles about health and fitness.

If you feel as though we’re missing something, speak up. Let me know how I can better the Life & Arts section, because after all, we wouldn’t exist without you. So give us a read every now and then, you might be surprised that there’s more to the paper than just the crossword puzzles — don’t think I didn’t catch you.

Whether this is your first semester as a Cougar or your last, I promise we’ll be here to report on the things that matter in your life. Here’s to a top-notch semester, Coogs — I wish you only the best in the months ahead.