Crime

Campus crime log: Sept. 18-21

The following is a partial report of campus crime between Sept. 18 and Sept. 21. All information is selected from the files of the UH Police Department. The information in bold indicates when the event was reported to UHPD and the event’s location. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UHPD at (713) 743-0600.

Assault – Sept. 18 12:22 a.m. – Health Center — A student reported that her boyfriend, a visitor, assaulted her in the Cougar Village elevator. The visitor then took the student’s keys and dropped them outside the Health Center. The incident occurred between 11 a.m. and 12:22 a.m. Sept. 18. The case is Inactive.

Theft – Sept. 19 9:56 a.m. – Cullen Oaks Apartments — A student reported that someone stole personal property from her Cullen Oaks apartment. The incident occurred at 9:56 a.m. Sept. 19. This case is Active.

Theft – Sept. 19 5:09 p.m. – Dorm Quad — A student reported that someone stole her unattended bicycle while it was secured to the bike rack outside the dorm quad. There are no suspects. The incident occurred between 7:30 p.m. Sept. 16 and 7:30 a.m. Sept. 19. The case is Inactive.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle – Sept. 19 6:36 p.m. – Lot 1 A — A student reported that someone stole his UH parking decal from his unattended and unsecured vehicle after it was towed away to the UH DPS tow lot. There are no suspects. The incident occurred between 9:05 a.m. and 8 p.m. Sept. 16. The case is Active.

Theft – Sept. 20 3:28 p.m. – Armistead Optometry Bldg. — A staff member reported that someone stole a university-owned laptop computer from an unattended and unsecured exam room in the Optometry building. The incident occurred between 1:30 a.m. Sept. 19 and 12:45 p.m. Sept. 20. The case is Active.

Terroristic Threat – Sept. 21 3:08 p.m. – Bates Residence Hall — A student reported receiving terroristic threats by phone and internet. The student believes the threats are meant for someone else. The incident occurred between 7 p.m. Sept. 8 and 12:01 a.m. Sept. 19. The case is Inactive.

Theft – Sept. 21 4:35 p.m. – Melcher Hall — A student reported that someone stole his unattended and unsecured cell phone from outside Melcher Hall. There are no suspects. The incident occurred between 12:40 p.m. and 12:45 p.m. Sept. 21. The case is Active.

Traffic Offense – Sept. 21 5:15 p.m. – Lot 15 C — A visitor reported that someone struck her unattended vehicle while it was parked in lot 15 C. The striking driver failed to leave the information required when striking an unattended vehicle. The incident occurred between 12:38 p.m. and 5 p.m. Sept. 21. The case is Inactive.

Traffic Offense – Sept. 21 10:47 p.m. – Bayou Oaks Apartments — A student reported that someone struck her unattended vehicle while it was parked in the Bayou Oaks north parking lot. The striking driver failed to leave the information required when striking an unattended vehicle. The incident occurred between10 p.m. Sept. 13 and 11 p.m. Sept. 15. The case is Inactive.

For the complete report and to view past reports, visit www.uh.edu/police

Have information on these or other incidents of crime on campus? Call 713-743-0600