Crime

Crime log: Sept. 27-29

The following is a partial report of campus crime between Sept. 27 and Sept. 29. All information is selected from the files of the UH Police Department. The information in bold indicates when the event was reported to UHPD and the event’s location. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UHPD at (713) 743-0600.

Theft – Sept. 27 3:26 p.m. – Campus Recreation and Wellness Center — A student reported that someone stole his gym bag from the men’s locker room at the CRWC. The incident occurred between 3 p.m. and 3:40 p.m. Sept. 27. The case is Active.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle – Sept. 27 5:09 p.m. – Lot 16 D — A student reported that someone burglarized her unattended and secured vehicle in lot 16 D. The student found a cellular phone inside the vehicle that did not belong to her and turned the phone over to UH DPS. The incident occurred between 4:33 a.m. and 5:35 a.m. Sept. 27. The case is Active.

Theft – Sept. 28 1:47 p.m. – Cullen Oaks Apartments — A visitor reported that someone stole money from her at Cullen Oaks Apartments. The incident occurred between 12 p.m. and 1:47 p.m. Sept. 28. The case is Active.

Criminal mischief: 9:46 p.m. Nov. 6, Parking Lot 1A residents’ area — A student reported an unknown person(s) broke out the rear passenger-side window of his parked vehicle, but no property was missing from the vehicle. Occurred between 8:30 and 9:45 p.m.

Harassment – Sept. 28 3:28 p.m. – Science Bldg. — A staff member reported that the father of her child has repeatedly called the department where she used to work leaving messages for her to call him. The staff member wants him to stop calling her at work as the calls have become embarrassing. The incident occurred between 4 p.m. Sept. 14 and 8 a.m. Sept. 28. The case is Inactive.

Possession of a Dangerous Weapon – Sept. 28 4:32 p.m. — A UH contractor reported discovering a 9mm handgun while attempting to open a towed vehicle in the Lot 12 A vehicle impound lot. The handgun was secured at UH Police Department awaiting the owner. The incident occurred at 4:32 p.m. Sept. 28. The case is Cleared by Referral.

Theft – Sept. 29 1:01 p.m. – Cougar Village — A student reported that someone stole his cell phone from his dorm room at Cougar Village. The incident occurred between 11:30 p.m. Sept. 28 and 9:30 a.m. Sept. 29. The case is Active.

Theft – Sept. 29 1:56 p.m. – Athletic Alumni Bldg. — A visitor was seen walking away from a campus bicycle rack with a bicycle he did not have when he was seen arriving on campus. The bicycle’s owner could not be located and the visitor was issued a Criminal Trespass warning and released. The incident occurred between 1:56 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Sept. 29. The case is Cleared by Exception.

Theft – Sept. 29 2:27 p.m. – University Center — A visitor reported that someone stole her unattended and unsecured backpack from the UC Games Room. The incident occurred between 2 p.m. and 2:20 p.m. Sept. 29. The case is Inactive.

Theft – Sept. 29 5 p.m. – East Parking Garage — A student reported that she was involved in a verbal argument with her boyfriend in the East Parking Garage. The student threw her phone at her boyfriend out of anger and the boyfriend may have sold the phone. The incident occurred between 2 a.m. and 2 p.m. Sept. 29.

For the complete report and to view past reports, go to http://www.uh.edu/police