Swimming & Diving

Cougars ship up to Boston for first official fall action

This weekend’s away competitions will be the first official meets under first-year head coach Augie Busch. He previously was an assistant at Arizona. | Joseph Lefler

The Cougars will open the fall with their only away competition of the season when they take on Boston University on Friday and Boston College on Saturday.

UH’s most recent activity was the intrasquad Red and White Meet that took place Oct. 5 at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium.

At the meet, the White team won by a score of 200-195.

They were led by freshman diver Heather Coutts as she took first place in the 50-free, 100-back and 75-fly competitions.

The Red team was led by last year’s Conference USA Diver of the Year, Lacey Truelove, who took first place in the 1M and 3M dives.

“I learned they were excited to get racing,” head coach Augie Busch said in a release. “I’ve asked them to work on a lot of the little details over the past six weeks and for the most part. Overall I was pretty pleased and pleasantly surprised in a few areas.”

Their next meet after returning home is on Oct. 21 against the Miami Hurricanes. Last year, they had the upper edge on the Cougars, with a score of 139-103.