Music

Band gets heavy with H-town

Houston heavy metal rock band, Adamantium, has seen a healthy level of success in its five years of recording and performing. The band, which is gearing up for a new release this summer, can next be seen at the annual Beerfest in Hermann Park. | Courtesy of Adamantium

Adamantium, a Houston-based, female-fronted, hard rock band, is climbing the ranks in Houston’s local music scene and preparing for a number of shows, including Houston’s annual Beer Fest on June 9 at the Hermann Park Conservancy.

The band has achieved quite a high level of success in the five years they have been around.

The band has released two demos, a full-length album and two studio music videos.

Adamantium has achieved radio play on 94.5 The Buzz, success in several battle of the bands over the years and recognition by fellow musicians and fans alike in the hard rock scene.

Still, Adamantium is just scraping the surface of the goals they want to achieve.

“We are only just beginning to achieve some of the things we have dreamed,” said Sean Littlejohn, guitarist and co-founder of Adamantium. “My eyes have (always) been fixed on getting our music out there to as many people who will listen.”

The band recently released their latest studio video, “Strength in My Resolve,” which was filmed as the band was recording the song for an upcoming demo scheduled for release this summer.

The video was recorded at Digital Services Recording where the band’s second demo, first album and first studio video for “Never Surrender” — one which has hit more than 11,000 views on YouTube — were recorded.

“I think that the guy who made both videos is pretty epic. His name is Charlie Ray,” Littlejohn said. “We made our second demo, ‘Ecstasy Unending,’ and we haven’t been anywhere else since.”

In addition to the excellent recording studio, Adamantium also has the help of Suzanne Penley of PENLEY Management Group.

Penley, who works with world-famous bands such as Lamb of God and Five Finger Death Punch, has lent a hand in the management of Adamantium.

“Suzanne has shared such a wealth of knowledge about the industry and what to expect. She has been an invaluable asset to Adamantium’s growth and development,” Littlejohn said.

Even with the band’s growing success, members still focus on what brought them together as musicians in the first place — to play with people that they admired for their musical skills.

“I’ve always been a big fan of Kennan (Martin: bassist) and Alex (King: lead guitarist) before we ever played together,” Littlejohn said. “I’m still in awe with the stuff these guys write. Sometimes I can’t even keep up, but I love that.”

Roxanne Rodriguez, lead singer, keyboardist and co-founder and drummer Irving Lira complete the line-up for the band. They are also admired for their amazing skills as musicians.

The band’s first full length album, “The Sound of a Soul Pouring Out,” is available for purchase on iTunes.