University to host break from studying

The University of Houston will host Finals Mania — a night of stress relief before finals week — from 9 to 11 p.m. Tuesday in the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library.

Activities, such as board games and free massages will be offered to students who need a break from studying.

The event will also have pancakes, turkey sausage and Monster Energy Drinks for students.

“Last year, we served (more than) 1,800 students, so we are expecting 2,000 students this semester,” said University Services Marketing Coordinator Billy Garner.

Stephen Fuller, a MIS senior, said he is ready for the event.“I have five classes I have to study for in order to graduate this semester. I will be living in the library all week,” he said.

“I’m glad UH is finally going to feed me for a change. I’m really excited to get a free massage too.”

The marching band, Shasta, UH President Renu Khator and several deans are expected to make an appearance.

“We all know how stressful finals can be. So, hopefully we can relieve some of that stress by providing some entertainment and delicious food,” Garner said.

Finals Mania is free for all UH students with student IDs.

“UH will say goodbye to a lot of graduating seniors this year, and I’m glad I’m one of them. I can’t wait till finals are over,” Fuller said.

“Freedom at last.”