Alumni

Alumna appointed to board of directors at Texas Business Hall of Fame

UH alumna and current student in the graduate Human Resources Development program in the College of Technology, Rose Rougeau, joined the board of directors for the Texas Business Hall of Fame.

TBHF is a non-profit organization established in 1982 that recognizes past and present Texas business leaders and contributions to the community.

“New Directors are nominated by Directors on the Board,” TBHF Executive Director Lynne Tiras said. “A strong interest in supporting education in Texas is a key factor to become a Director. Rose Rougeau was nominated by one of the Directors, who felt that she met the requirements to become a Director.”

TBHF has a scholarship program that features 19 Texas universities, including UH, and usually awards $10,000 at each institution. As a director, one of Rougeau’s primary responsibilities will be interviewing prospective scholarships winners. In 2013, an additional two universities have been added to receive a scholarship at their university, Tiras said.

“The TBHFF is pleased to have Rose as a Director and new member of the Executive Committee as Vice President of Communications for 2013,” Tiras said. “Additionally, her public relation skills are an asset to the organization.”