UH’s 2013 football schedule released

UH will play its first conference game Sept. 7 against temple in the soon-to-be-renamed Big East, and its first conference home game against Memphis on Oct. 12.

“It’s both an exciting and challenging schedule and one we are looking forward to. We know with a conference title in 2013, we’ll be playing in a BCS bowl. Both of those are goals of our team as I’m sure they are for every team in the league,” said head coach Tony Levine. “Right now we are focusing on getting better as a team in spring practice, but as soon as it ends we will turn our complete focus towards the opponents on our schedule.”

HOUSTON

Fri., Aug. 30        Southern

Sat., Sept. 7        at Temple *

Sat., Sept. 21     at Rice

Sat., Sept. 28     at Texas-San Antonio

Sat., Oct. 12        Memphis *

Sat., Oct. 19        Brigham Young

Sat., Oct.26         at Rutgers *

Thu., Oct. 31      USF * (ESPN)

Sat., Nov. 9          at UCF *

Sat., Nov. 16       at Louisville *

Sat., Nov. 23       Cincinnati *

Fri., Nov. 29        SMU * (ABC/ESPN/ESPN2)

There is still uncertainty about where the Cougars will play their home games next season though. They won’t announce where games will be played until the NFL schedule is released, Athletics Director Mack Rhoades said to the Houston Chronicle.

“As you can imagine, there are several factors that dictate the location of our 2013 home games, most notably the 2013 NFL schedule,” Rhoades said. “We will announce locations of all home games following the release of the NFL schedule. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause our fans and we look forward to returning to campus in 2014 with the opening of our new, state-of-the-art, 40,000 seat stadium.”