Crime

Crime report: 3/12 to Sunday

Burglary of a building and Evading Arrest: At 12:44 a.m. March 12 at the University Center Satellite, the tunnel alarm was activated. Two students were arrested for alleged burglary and evading arrest. Student Life referrals were issued to each student. The case is cleared by arrest.

Theft: At 5:13 p.m. March 12 at the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library, a student reported an unknown individual or individuals stole her unattended backpack. The case is active.

Theft: At 8:36 p.m. March 12 in Lot 15C, a staff member reported the theft of his secured and unattended vehicle. The case is inactive.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: At 7:10 a.m. Wednesday in Lot 19D, a contractor reported the theft of his UH parking decal from his unattended and unsecured vehicle. The case is inactive.

Criminal Mischief: At 10:11 a.m. Wednesday at Bayou Oaks Apartments, a student reported that an unknown individual or individuals egged several parked vehicles. The case is inactive.

Injury to Child/Elderly/Disabled: At 7:17 p.m. Thursday at the Child Care Center, a student advised that her 3-year-old daughter was assaulted. The case is active.

Driving While Intoxicated: At 2:31 a.m. Friday in the 5800 block of Scott Street, an unaffiliated motorist was arrested for allegedly driving while intoxicated when he was found passed out in the driver’s seat of his vehicle. The case is cleared by arrest.

Driving While Intoxicated: At 12:55 a.m. Saturday in the 5800 block of I-45 South, an unaffiliated motorist was arrested for allegedly driving while intoxicated following a traffic stop and was booked into the Harris County Jail. The case is cleared by arrest.

Driving While Intoxicated: At 3:03 a.m. Saturday in the 4800 block of I-45 South, an unaffiliated motorist was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated after being observed stopped in a moving lane of traffic. The motorist was booked into the Harris County Jail.

Criminal Trespass: At 11:38 p.m. Saturday in the Cullen Oaks Apartments parking lot, two students were arrested on suspicion of criminal trespass of a motor vehicle after taking a security golf cart. Both students were booked into the Harris County Jail and issued Student Life referrals. The case is cleared by arrest.

Theft: At 3:04 p.m. Sunday at Cougar Softball Field, a visitor reported an unknown individual or individuals stole her unattended and unsecured property from her backpack. The case is inactive.

Traffic Offense: At 7:20 p.m. Sunday in Lot 4A, a contract security officer reported that an unattended vehicle was struck and damaged by another vehicle. The striking driver failed to leave the required information. UHDPS police officers located the striking driver and issued a citation. The case is cleared by citation.