Crime

Crime Report: From March 18 to March 24

The following is a partial report of campus crime between March 18 and Sunday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Department of Public Safety. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UHDPS at (713) 743-3333.

Traffic Offense: At 12:07 p.m. March 18 at the Parking Garage 1, a student reported that her vehicle was struck by an unknown person or persons who failed to leave the information required by law. The case is inactive.

Criminal Mischief: At 12:48 p.m. March 18 at the Quadrangle, two students and a visitor were issued Harris County citations for alleged criminal mischief after starting a fire on a UH-owned picnic table. The two students also received Student Life referrals and the visitor received a criminal trespass warning. The case is cleared by arrest.

Theft: At 7:44 p.m. March 18 at Farish Hall, a student reported the theft of her unattended and unsecured wallet. The case is inactive.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: 3:14 p.m. Tuesday at 4920 Cullen Blvd., a student’s vehicle was burglarized while parked off campus. The case is inactive.

Theft: At 8:20 p.m. Tuesday at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center, a student reported the theft of his unsecured and unattended messenger bag. The case is inactive.

Criminal Mischief: At 11:29 a.m. Wednesday at Cambridge Oaks Apartments, a student reported that an unknown individual or individuals damaged the rear window of her vehicle. The case is inactive.

Theft: At noon Wednesday at the Garrison Gym, a student reported that her unattended and secured cell phone was stolen. The case is inactive.

Assault on Public Servant: At 12:17 p.m. Wednesday at the M.D. Anderson Library, a student was arrested for alleged assault on a public servant following an altercation. The case is cleared by arrest.

Theft: At 1:54 p.m. Wednesday at Philip G. Hoffman Hall, a student reported the theft of his unattended and unsecured electronic tablet by an unknown person or persons. The case is inactive.

Harassment: At 3:22 p.m. Wednesday at the Energy Research Park, a staff member reported receiving an offensive postcard from an anonymous source. The case is active.

Traffic Offense –At 5:15 p.m. Wednesday in Lot 16, a student reported that she witnessed an unknown person strike an unattended vehicle and fail to leave the state required information. The suspect was identified and provided her insurance information. The case is cleared by exception.

Theft: At 6:56 p.m. Wednesday at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center, a student reported the theft of his unsecured and unattended cell phone. The case is inactive.

Evading Arrest: At 8:23 p.m. Wednesday at the Cougar Village 2 construction site, two visitors were arrested for allegedly evading arrest. Both were released to the Harris County Jail. The case is cleared by arrest.

Criminal Mischief: At 9:26 p.m. Wednesday at the Stadium Parking Garage, a student reported online that someone damaged his unattended vehicle. The case is active.

Burglary of a Building or Habitation: At 12:36 p.m. Thursday at the softball field, a faculty member reported the theft of her personal belongings from a secured building. The case is inactive.

Theft: At 1:21 p.m. Friday at the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library a student reported the theft of his unsecured and unattended laptop. The case is inactive.

Criminal Mischief: At 2:12 p.m. Friday at Bayou Oaks Apartments a student reported her parked and unattended vehicle was damaged. The case is inactive.

Traffic Offense: At 2:51 p.m. Friday at Lot 20A a student reported a vehicle damaged his unattended vehicle and the striking driver failed to leave the information required by law. The owner of the vehicle was contacted and provided the required information. The case is cleared by exception.

Theft: At 10:41 p.m. Friday at Cullen Oaks Apartments a student reported the theft of her unattended and secured bicycle. The case is inactive.

Disorderly Conduct: At 12:43 a.m. Saturday at Lot 20A a student was issued a citation for disorderly conduct when he was observed urinating in a public place. The case is cleared by arrest.

Traffic Offense: At 4:06 a.m. Saturday at the Cullen Oaks parking lot an unidentified vehicle struck and damaged a pole at the entrance of a parking lot. The case is inactive.

Criminal Mischief: At 8:44 a.m. Saturday at the Law Residence Hall a staff member reported a shattered window on an outer door. The case is inactive.

Traffic Offense: At 1:32 p.m. Saturday at Lot 4A a student reported her vehicle was struck and the striking driver did not leave the information required by law. The case is inactive.

Assault: At 9:42 p.m. on Saturday at Lot 20C an individual at Frontier Fiesta was struck in the face and the suspect assailant was issued a citation and escorted from the event. The case is cleared by arrest.

Traffic Offense: At 1:00 p.m. on Sunday at Lot 2B a visitor’s vehicle was struck and the striking driver did not leave the information required by state law. The case is inactive.