Academics & Research Spring Finals Edition

Finals Mania promises food and furry friends

Finals Mania offers a solution for more than just hunger. In addition to serving pancakes and orange juice, Finals Mania organizers will let stressed-out students play with puppies. | Bethel Glumac

Finals Mania is set to kick off Tuesday with a plethora of snacks, pancakes and drinks to keep students pumped up and fueled through the tough night of studying.

Dozens of volunteers will gather to prepare food and help keep lines moving because of the rush of traffic pancakes and turkey sausage will bring.

UH hosts Finals Mania every semester to help students relieve stress and take a break from endless studying.

“I went to Finals Mania for two straight years, and I love it. Food is the best support system especially during the stress of finals; now, I don’t have to sacrifice food to study. Plus, who doesn’t love pancakes at odd hours of the night?” said biology junior Kinza Muzaffar.

This year, dogs are the newest addition to the usual line up of a performance by the Spirit of Houston Band, turkey sausage and orange juice.

“I love dogs, and rumor has it that I’ll get to cuddle up with one and take my mind off of studying for a short moment. I’m also glad that, this being my last semester, we actually have something so different to do,” said political science senior Lina Al-Salim.

Students will have the opportunity to play with the dogs from 6 to 10 p.m. in Rooms 106P and 106T before returning to their studies if they choose to.

“This is my first semester at UH, and I’m looking forward to attending Finals Mania since everyone always talks about the great pancakes. Just my luck that the year I plan on attending they’ll have dogs. I can’t wait to play with them,” said sophomore mechanical engineering technology Nicky Echevarria.

Along with the snacks and food that will be handed, for students who have been fighting to collect all trading cards, this is their chance to collect more and maybe complete their collection.

“The one thing I love about Finals Mania is that it means the semester is finally ending, but of course I can’t wait to eat some pancakes,” said public relations junior Anh Mai.