Administration

UH sets sights on $1 billion

The division of University Advancement is in the planning and preparation phase of a university-wide campaign that will raise $1 billion in the coming five to seven years.

The hallmarks of the campaign effort will consist of meaningful alumni and community engagement, along with private philanthropic partnerships, and the goal of raising at least $100 million annually for the duration of the campaign. These will be built on the pre-existing strengths of UH to create a bigger and better University.

“We will raise at least $1 billion, that’s our league,” said Eloise Stuhr, vice president and vice chancellor for University Advancement for UH and the UH System.

“The focus of the campaign is not about that number. It’s about transforming the University and taking it to the next level of excellence.”

Driving the success of UH’s strategic plan will be projects that stretch across departments and a comprehensive development effort, said Richard Bonnin, interim associate vice chancellor and associate vice president for marketing and communication.

Some students believe that the initiative is a good sign.

“I think this is great,” said advertising senior Angela Beltran. “The school has made tremendous progress in the past few years. The fact that we are now in position to take on a campaign as ambitious as this means that we are going to continue to grow and improve in the near future.”