Crime

Crime Log: June 12 to Sunday

The following is a partial report of campus crime between June 12 and June 23. All information is selected from the files of the UH Department of Public Safety. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UHDPS at (713)-742-3333.

Theft: A UH student reported that his unattended and unsecured cell phone was stolen in the Athletics/Alumni Center. The incident occurred between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. on June 12. The case is inactive.

Theft: A UH staff member reported the theft of two unattended and unsecured UH-owned electronic tablets from the Fleming Building. The incident occurred between 4 p.m. on June 12 and 8 a.m. on June 13. The case is inactive.

Burglary of a Building or Habitation: A visitor attending a summer camp reported that money was stolen from his room in the Taub Residence Hall. The incident occurred between 5:30 and 11 p.m. on June 15. The case is inactive.

Possession of Marijuana: An unaffiliated individual was stopped for a traffic violation on 3700 Scott st. and then arrested for possession of marijuana. The individual was transported to Harris County Jail. The incident occurred on 1:37 a.m. on June 15, and has been cleared by arrest.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: A UH police officer observed a vehicle that appeared to have been burglarized in Parking Garage 1. The owner of the vehicle has not responded to UH Police Department messages. The incident occurred sometime before 5:17 p.m. on June 15. The case is active.

Theft: A UH visitor reported two of her unattended and unsecured non-motorized scooters were stolen from the Softball Field. The incident occurred between 7:30 and 7:57 p.m on June 17. The case is inactive.

Theft: A UH student reported that someone stole his optometry equipment in the Armistead Optometry Building. The incident occurred between Noon and 1 p.m. on June 18. The case is inactive.

Evading Arrest: Two unaffiliated individuals in a stolen vehicle evaded UH police officers attempting a traffic stop on Old Spanish Trail at Martin Luther King boulevard. The incident occurred at 3:10 a.m. on Wednesday. The case is active.

Criminal Trespass: Two unaffiliated individuals were arrested for criminal trespassing, and another was arrested for outstanding warrants following suspicious activity. The incident occurred at 2 p.m. on Friday, and was cleared by arrest.

Theft: A UH custodian reported that a man was stealing copper cables from the Cougar Village 2 Construction Site. The incident occurred at 4:03 p.m. on Sunday. The case is active.