Crime News

Crime Log Aug. 22 to 29

Theft: A student reported that someone stole her unattended and unsecured laptop computer. The incident occurred between noon and 3 p.m. Aug. 22 at the Fresh Food Company. The case is inactive.

Traffic Offense: A student reported that someone struck his unattended vehicle at Cougar Village 2 and failed to leave the information required by law. The incident occurred between 5:45 p.m. and 11 p.m. Aug. 26. The case is inactive.

Theft: A student reported his unattended and unsecured wallet stolen. The incident occurred between 8 and 11:30 a.m. Aug. 27 at Cougar Village I. The case is inactive.

Theft: A student reported the theft of her cellphone at the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library. The incident occurred at 4:05 p.m. Aug. 27. The case is active.

Theft: A student reported her secured and unattended bicycle stolen from Settegast Hall. The incident occurred between noon Aug. 13 and 4:30 p.m. Aug. 27. The case is inactive.

Traffic Offense: A student reported someone struck her unattended vehicle in Lot 12A and failed to leave the information required by law. The incident occurred between 10:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Aug. 27. The case is active.

Theft: A student reported the theft of her unattended and secured bicycle, which was in the Cambridge Oaks grounds. The incident occurred between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Aug. 27. The case is inactive.

Traffic Offense: A student reported someone struck her unattended vehicle in the Welcome Center Garage and failed to leave the information required by law. The incident occurred between 1 p.m. and 9 p.m. Aug. 27. The case is inactive.

Theft: A student reported that someone stole her unattended and unsecured cellphone. The incident occurred between 12:40 and 2:30 p.m. Aug. 28 at Moody Towers. The case is inactive.

Theft: A faculty member reported the theft of his unattended and unsecured laptop computer. The incident occurred between 2:30 and 2:43 p.m. Aug. 28 in Engineering 1. The case is inactive.

Theft: A student reported that someone stole an electronic tablet and cash from her unattended and unsecured backpack. The incident occurred between 2:40 and 2:45 p.m. Aug. 28 at Moody Towers. The case is active.

Theft: A student reported the theft of her cellphone. The incident occurred between 3:55 and 4:18 p.m. Aug. 28 in the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library. The case is inactive.

Traffic Offense: A student reported that someone struck her unattended vehicle and failed to leave the information required by law. The incident occurred at 1 p.m. Aug. 29 in Lot 16D. The case is active.

Theft: A student reported his drafting chair was stolen. The incident occurred between 8 a.m. and 2:27 p.m. Aug. 29 in the Architecture Building. The case is cleared by exception.

Theft: A student reported the theft of her cellphone. The incident occurred between 3:25 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Aug. 29 in Melcher Hall. The case is active.

Theft: A student reported that someone stole his unattended and unsecured wallet and its contents. The incident occurred at 10:10 p.m. Aug. 29 in the Athletics/Alumni Center. The case is active.