City

Bauer boasts of highly paid CEOs

Four C.T. Bauer College of Business alumni made the list of top 25 highest paid CEOs compiled by the Houston Business Journal this summer.

Four UH graduates have made the list of “Highest-Paid Executives of Public Companies." Wikimedia Commons/The Daily Cougar

Four UH graduates have made the Houston Business Journal’s list of “Highest-Paid Executives of Public Companies.” | Wikimedia Commons

The list named Mark G. Papa, chairman of EOG Resources Inc., at No. 5; Robert L. Moody, chairman and CEO of American National Insurance Co., at No. 8; Jack B. Moore, chairman, president and CEO of Cameron International Corp., at No. 16; and David McClanahan, president and CEO of CenterPoint Energy Inc., at No. 24.

“Having Bauer alumni in prominent places of leadership validates everything we do,” said Latha Ramchand, dean of the C.T. Bauer College of Business. “We are committed to providing the necessary resources for students to thrive, becoming business leaders who make a difference and transform their organizations.”

This recognition can act as recruiting method, as being a CEO is in many young business students’ game plans.

“That’s one of the reasons why I came to UH. I knew they had one of the best schools in the nation,” said business junior Eric Alexander, who aspires to work for Nike.

The four Cougar graduates all attended the business school. Papa and McClanahan both earned MBAs, Jack Moore earned a bachelor’s in business administration and Moody was a Cougar for one year before entering the U.S. Army.

“Our students tell our story, and our alumni create our brand and we celebrate their accomplishments,” Ramchand said.