News to Know: Sen. Wendy Davis runs for governor, House Speaker John Boehner wants to raise debt limit
10. According to MSN, the U.S. is sanctioning countries that use child soldiers.
9. California introduced a new law against “revenge porn,” according to CNN.
8. According to CNN, the lawyers of Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev are accusing the government of being overly harsh on him.
7. Doctors are over-prescribing antibiotics, according to CBS.
6. According to CNN, House Speaker John Boehner has agreed to work towards raising the debt limit.
5. Seventy-five percent of Americans are unhappy with the shutting down of the federal government, according to CBS. Forty-four percent of Americans blame the Republicans in Congress. Thirty-five percent of Americans blame President Barack Obama and the Democrats in Congress.
4. According to MSN, Abdul Rassoul Sayaf, a man with ties to al-Qaida and Osama bin Laden, is running for president of Afghanistan.
3. According to CNN, a boat sank off the coast of Italy, killing at least 150 people.
2. A woman died in a Washington D.C. car chase, according to Fox News.
1. According to CBS, Sen. Wendy Davis announced that she is running for governor.