Calendar 10/7-10/9

Monday

Meeting: Empower: Women’s Professional Society will have a meeting from 5:30 to 7 p.m in Room 212L of the Honors College. Speaker Sukaina Rajani will discuss taking charge of the future.

Tuesday

Art: The Blaffer Art Museum will present “Feast: Radical Hospitality in Contemporary Art” from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.

Discussion: UH Energy is hosting the discussion “Hydraulic Fracturing: Is it Sustainable?” The discussion will be from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Waldorf-Astoria Ballroom of the UH Hilton.

Music: The Moores School of Music will host “Jazz Ensemble: At the Movies.” The event will take place from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Moores School of Music. Tickets are $12 for general admission and $7 for students and senior citizens.

Informative Event: At Pre-Law Day, which will be hosted from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the University Center Houston Room, information will be given on the admissions process for law school, the LSAT, financial aid and much more.

Wednesday

Discussion: The Women’s Resource Center will host a Brown Bag Discussion Group at 11:45 a.m. in Room 279A of the University Center. This week’s topic will be Intersectionality and Privilege.

Music: Moores School of Music will host a guest master class by Alexandra Dossin. The event will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. in the Dudley Recital Hall of the School of Music Building.

Poetry: The UH Libraries and Creative Writing Program will host the Poetry and Prose Reading Series: Evening with New Creative Writers from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Honors College Commons.

Music: The Moores School of Music will host “Symphonic Band and Symphonic Winds: Works by Jacob, Ticheli, Turina, Sousa.” The event will take place from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Moores Opera House.

Informative Event: The Graduate College of Social Work will be hosting an informational session for Nonprofit Leadership Alliance from noon to 1 p.m. in the Social Work building.