Fashion

Braids, buns and deeper tones for fall hairstyles

Warming up the closet isn’t the only way to stay fashionable during the fall. Many simple but chic hairstyles can accent a layered outfit.

Braids

kim-kardashian2011-10-19_07-47-42huff-post-event-nyc1

Kim Kardashian rocks the side goddess braid with elegant bangs. | Courtesy photo

Braids are among the most popular hairstyles for fall because they require low manipulation, prevent hair from blowing on windy days and block out the cold air that causes hair to dry out.

Goddess braids are a quick and simple style that can accent any casual or formal outfit. One large braid typically hangs over the shoulder, but it can also be two large braids going down the perimeter of the head with the ends rolled and tucked in. Many celebrities have worn this style, including Bella Thorne, Tracee Ellis Ross and Chloë Moretz. Bangs also add extra class when paired with these braids and the style is so versatile that anyone can make it their own.

Taking the place of the shaved and pinned back sides, side-swept French braids or cornrows have become a signature style. Single or multiple braids are added to one side of the head to create an edgy feel to any hairstyle that can be worn anywhere. Celebrities such as Khloe Kardashian, Jill Scott and Heidi Klum have worn this style. The style can be easily mimicked.

0320-high-bun-hairstyle-back_bd

Buns are becoming more popular whether you want to rock the sporty or chic look. | Courtesy photo

Buns

The best hairstyle to protect hair from the cooler weather is a bun. This style tucks every piece of hair away and can fit any occasion. Neat and sleek buns can be worn on a nice date, a special event or even on the job. Messy buns can be worn to lounge around, go shopping or walk to class. This style is simple, and almost every celebrity has worn it at least once to a special event or on their lazy days.

Darker shades

This fall, simple is better when it comes to hairstyles. Along with darker colors that will be seen throughout these months, darker hair dyes can also accent any style. These popular hairstyles are so adaptable to anyone’s look that no two styles will ever look the same. No matter what look anyone is going for, these styles are a must try.