Thomas receives recognition

Junior forward TaShawn Thomas has been named the American Athletic Conference Player of the Week after leading the Cougars to three wins and a 4-0 start to open the 2013-14 season.

In the three games last week, Thomas averaged 17 points, 11 rebounds and 4 blocks per game while hitting shooting 78 percent from the field.

Thomas started with a 19-point, 14-rebound performance at UTPA in the Cougars’ first win of the season.

He followed up with a 14-point performance on 6-of-7 shooting to lead the offensive attack while posting team highs of six rebounds and four blocked shots against UTSA.

To round off the week, Thomas totaled 18 points with a game-high 13 rebounds and added a career-high seven blocked shots Sunday against Lehigh during the first game of the Progressive Legends Classic inside Hofheinz Pavilion.

UH vs. Cincy broadcast change

The designations and kickoff times have been set for UH’s final two regular-season games. The Cougars’ Saturday game vs. Cincinnati at BBVA Compass Stadium, which had been previously set for an 11 a.m. kickoff, will air on ESPNews.

UH’s season finale on Nov. 29 vs. SMU at Reliant Stadium will kick off at 11 a.m. and will be broadcast on ESPN2.

Fans can purchase single-game tickets to the two remaining home games with prices starting at just $27.