UH OC Meacham reportedly offered same job with TCU

UH offensive coordinator Doug Meacham is expected to be hired for the same position by TCU, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Meacham has been a candidate for the vacant job for weeks, the Star-Telegram said.

He has been offered the job at TCU, but is still yet to decide whether he will take it, according to the Houston Chronicle.

Meacham has guided the Cougars to 57th in total offense and has helped mold freshman quarterback John O’Korn to lead the team to an 8-4 record and a bowl to be played later on this month.

Before coming to UH, Meacham was a household name at Oklahoma State, as he has been part of the Oklahoma State offensive coaching staff that led the Cowboys to top-20 national finishes in total offense in 2006 (16th), 2007 (seventh), 2008 (sixth), 2010 (third), 2011 (third) and 2012 (fourth).

He has coached the Dallas Cowboys’ Dez Bryant and the Jacksonville Jaguars’ Justin Blackmon.

• Somehow I’m just not as upset about it anymore as I was when I first heard. The second half of the season seemed to have stagnated. It’ll be exciting to hear of who has been knocking on Levine’s door to catapult John O to where he should be next year.

• The real story here is not that Meacham is being sought out by TCU. The real story is the obscene amount of money that teams in the BCS have been allowed to accrue in order to raid the coaching staffs of non-BCS programs. And, yes, I know that for one pitiful year UH finds itself in a “BCS” conference. It’s irrelevant. The fraud that is the BCS has divided college football into the HAVES and the HAVE-NOTS.
    Now that ESPN is becoming the ruling power in NCAA football that travesty is being carried on by the so-called P-5. The NCAA is little more than a puppet organization sitting on its master’s lap mindlessly repeating the bleating of the puppet master, aka, ESPN.