Campus

Calendar – Feb. 10 to 12

Monday

Music: St. Louis Symphony flautist Mark Sparks will present a guest master class from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Dudley Recital Hall in the Fine Arts Building.

Tuesday

Workshop: The conference “Africana Aesthetics,” about African-Americans in film, media and communications, will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Harris County Department of Education on 6300 Irvington Blvd.

Fair: The Technology Career Fair will bring employers to campus from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management.

Celebration: Graduate College of Social Work students, faculty and staff will celebrate the Lunar New Year from noon to 1 p.m. in the GCSW Student Lounge on the second floor. Dumplings will be served.

Talk: Graduate students will present short talks on their research in the Social Sciences Lightning Talks from noon to 2 p.m. in the Rockwell Pavilion on the second floor of the M. D. Anderson Memorial Library.

Talk: An informational session will be held about Austin legislative internships for 2015 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the Graduate College of Social Work, Room 110J.

Debate: A moderated discussion on climate change will continue the Energy Symposium Series, which addresses critical issues in energy, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Waldorf-Astoria Ballroom of the Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management.

Women’s Basketball: The Cougars will compete against Rutgers University from 7 to 10 p.m. at Hofheinz Pavilion.

Wednesday

Workshop: Counseling and Psychological Services will present a discussion on relationships called “Dating 101” from noon to 1 p.m. in the Student Services Center 1, Room 210D.

Networking: The Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management will feature guest speaker Denise O’Brien from 1 to 1:50 p.m. for the Dean’s Leadership Series to help students learn about the food service industry. The talk is open to all students.

Literature: A poetry and prose reading will be presented by creative writing faculty from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in the Honors College Commons on the second floor of the M. D. Anderson Memorial Library.