Academics & Research

CLASS scholarship deadlines approaching

Deadlines for the Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship, the Biology of Behavior Institute Undergraduate Scholarship Program and the Summer of Apps Fellowship Program are Friday.

The full-time, 10-week programs award $3,500 in scholarships to students who want to conduct a research project under a UH faculty mentor.

Students interested in the SURF-UH program first need to secure the research project with the faculty member, and then the student and faculty member will apply collaboratively online. All continuing UH undergraduates with at least a 3.0 GPA who have not previously participated in the SURF-UH program and who are not graduating in Spring or Summer 2014 are eligible to apply. Applications and more information can be found online.

Two continuing sophomores, juniors or seniors will be chosen for the BoBI program, for which the research must be conducted in the laboratory of a BoBI faculty member and the project must have a strong behavioral or neurobiological component.

Since the students will receive a stipend, they cannot apply the fellowship for class credit. For more information or to apply, visit the website.

Twelve undergraduates from all fields will be selected for the Summer of Apps Fellowship Program to learn how to build apps for phones and tablets. Under the mentorship of faculty members Dan Price and Peggy Linder, the summer fellows will work in small groups to directly benefit the Houston nonprofit community. For more information, visit the website.