Events

Students from Kansas experience Cougar life

AfricanAmericanInitiatives-PRINT-JustinTijerina-3

Young Men of the Wichita Kansas Links Beautillion visited UH to learn about what the second most diverse research University has to offer. | Justin Tijerina/The Daily Cougar

African-American male students from Kansas toured UH on Monday to learn about the opportunities offered and to experience the diverse life of a Cougar.

The Office of Community Relations and Institutional Access welcomed young men of the Wichita Kansas Links Beautillion with an in-depth overview of the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center, housing options, study-abroad programs and more.

The students learned of UH’s Tier One research and teaching facilities. Brothers in the Zeta Zeta chapter presented a preview of Greek life as a member of the Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.

The students were also exposed to the widespread spirit and support of the University’s staff, faculty, alumni and others in sports.

“The UH family can relate to the euphoria and anticipation (the students) must feel, since we have a great basketball legacy, having been in the Final Four on several occasions,” said Elwyn C. Lee, vice president for community relations and institutional access in the program.

“We are absolutely delighted to host you, for it gives us an opportunity to show you the campus and to share information about the outstanding programs.”