Campus

Calendar: April 7 to 9

Monday

Workshop: Courses in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, iMovie and other software are available and open to students, faculty and staff in varying time slots from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the M. D. Anderson Memorial Library Learning Commons.

Lecture: A senior process engineer from Valeri Energy Corporation will lecture on a shift in the energy industry from crude oil to tight oil and the impacts of the shift from 5 to 7:30 p.m. in Cemo Hall, Stubblefield Auditorium.

Music: The opera “Cold Sassy Tree,” written by American composer Carlisle Floyd and based on the novel of the same name about small-town Southern life, will be performed from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the Moores Opera Center. Student tickets are $12.

Reading: Authors Ito Romo and Nan Cuba will present a reading from 3 to 4:30 p.m. in the Honors College Commons.

Business: Students in the C.T. Bauer College of Business can participate in a week-long event of mock interviews with prospective employers in the Rockwell Career Center at Cemo Hall. Students should sign up through their Bauer Career Gateway account to reserve a time slot.

Networking: An alumni-student happy hour will be hosted by alumna Isabella Yibirin from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Gourmet Fresh Fusion at 3306 S. Shepherd Drive. Attendants should RSVP.

Tuesday

Music: Soprano Melissa Givens will give a guest master class from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Moores School of Music, Room 147.

Music: Yezhou Tan, from the studio of Abbey Simon, will perform a doctoral piano recital from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Dudley Recital Hall on the first floor of the Fine Arts Building.

Wednesday

Art: A five-day art festival called counterCURRENT will include performances, collaborations and projects produced through the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Center for the Arts from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Blaffer Art Museum and other Houston locations.

Lecture: A talk about the relationship between sleep and academic performance will be given from 8:30 to 10 a.m. in the Health and Biomedical Sciences Building Auditorium.

Screening: An alcohol screening day will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Rotunda Room.

Workshop: Counseling and Psychological Services will host an Alcohol 101 Food for Thought workshop from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 210D of Student Services Center 1.

Art: An exhibition gallery talk will take place from noon to 1 p.m. in the Blaffer Art Museum.

Lecture: Bob Cowan will give a Dean’s Leadership talk about the hotel industry from 1 to 1:50 p.m. in S125 in the Conrad N. Hilton College.